Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bjorn Van Hoeymissen 27 posts 48 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 16:17
    Bjorn Van Hoeymissen

RTE dialog box problems in IE9 final?

Hi all,

anyone else experiencing some serious problems with the TinyMCE implementation in IE9 (final)?

Working in Umbraco v4.5.2 here, and basically none of the dialogs seem to work as they should. Insert table and insert image dialogs pop up, but do nothing when the 'insert' button is clicked. Inserting macros create similar problems to Chrome.

Looks like the scripting is acting a bit wonky in IE9?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 22:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bjorn

Have you tried to see if you get the same erros in other browsers? (If so this might be a permission issue - if not it might be a bug).

/Jan

Mar 17, 2011 @ 23:41
    Bjorn Van Hoeymissen

Hi Jan,

the problem is limited to IE9. All works perfectly fine in Firefox, IE8 or IE7. Chrome does well too apart from the error when inserting macro's (but I believe that bug is fixed in the Juno beta - but we can't upgrade production sites to this beta).

I think it is a TinyMCE bug (latest releases while IE9 was in beta had 'workaround for IE9 dialogs' in the log). Problem is Umbraco doesn't seem to make it very easy to upgrade TinyMCE. Any news if it'll become easier to swap versions in v5, or just add a different RTE altogether?

Bjorn

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 23:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bjorn

Aaah, thought you had the issue with 4.7...

I think this is something that many others will experience this exact issue - the workaround is to change the IE rendering to either 7 or 8...

You can see how chris made the workaround in this post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/18414-IE-9-and-umbraco

Hope this helps you out.

/Jan

Mar 18, 2011 @ 06:45
    Bjorn Van Hoeymissen

Hi Jan,

that is indeed what we have been doing this week. We have just been working in compatibility mode.

I was just hoping to find out the cause of these issues, because it's a little worrying that the RTE packaged with Umbraco seems to break in any new browser (problems in Chrome, now IE9, curious to see what Firefox 4 will bring next Tuesday). Trying to pinpoint if it's the scripting calls that are malfunctioning or how to effectively replace the RTE (but a quick glance at the forum seems to indicate it's not straightforward at all).

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback. Guess we'll indeed have to add the meta tag to the page for the time being so we don't have to confuse our clients with a whole explanation of switching rendering modes to work in Umbraco.

Cheers!
    Bjorn

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft