Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave 48 posts 68 karma points
    May 04, 2011 @ 16:07
    Dave

New Umbraco 4.7 install + Blog4Umbraco install = crash

Hi guys

Just created a completely new Umbraco 4.7 install with an empty database as a testbed for the blog.

When I try to install blog4umbraco (either web or local) I get 'Object reference not set...' then 'The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_cmsPropertyData_cmsPropertyType". The conflict occurred in database "Umbraco4", table "dbo.cmsPropertyData", column 'propertytypeid'. The statement has been terminated. ' when I try to uninstall. Everything is uninstalled except Blog, Blog Textpage,BlogPost, and DateFolder, and I just cant get rid of them.

I have deleted everything and gone round the complete loop 3 times now just to rule out a transient bug.

Anybody give me some tips please?l

Cheers

Dave

• Eran Meir 401 posts 543 karma points
    May 04, 2011 @ 16:28
    Eran Meir

blog4umbraco has some problems with 4.7, start a fresh umbraco installation and install the blog starter kit.

May 04, 2011 @ 16:41
    Dave

Hi Eran

Thats just what I've done - 4 times now! Deleted the website and database, created an empty database, loaded a fresh Umbraco4.7 set of code and reinstalled.

Just done it again to make sure that I did it exactly as you suggested and got this stack trace:

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +2252153
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) +108
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.Import(XmlNode xmlData) +459
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +187
    umbraco.presentation.install.steps.Skinning.loadStarterKits.SelectStarterKit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +416
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +113
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +176
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Dave

May 04, 2011 @ 17:02
    Eran Meir

i think this is related http://blog4umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/5526, with my exprience the blog4umbraco is a bit unstable, try using the lastest changeset  http://blog4umbraco.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

May 04, 2011 @ 17:10
    Dave

Thanks for that, how do I install one of these - I've not used one before?

I have dl'd the blog4umbraco-64756 and it looks nothing like the other blog4Umbraco that i installed

Dave

May 04, 2011 @ 17:40
    Eran Meir

Unfortunately that, the source code, you need to work to get it working.. maybe someone here will share a package that working as a blog on 4.7, because i don't have one.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft