Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Waqar Zafar 14 posts 34 karma points
    May 09, 2011 @ 16:58
    Waqar Zafar

TinyMCE / Rich Text Editor formatting lost after deployment

I have a very strange problem. It only happens with tinymce / rich text editor which is working fine on my local server but when I deploy on live server with exact replica of each setting, somehow formatting gets lost in rich text editor as well as top buttons gets lost. Apart from this, everything works fine. I have tried alot but couldn't fix this issue:

Screenshot from local server (which is all ok):

Screenshot from live server (broken editor):

It would be really kind if someone can help me on this.

• Jeff Chapin 18 posts 39 karma points
    May 09, 2011 @ 17:27
    Jeff Chapin

I can't comment on the lost buttons but I had a similar problem because my style sheets were slightly different on my live server.

The buttons are just graphics files.  Maybe the button graphics aren't on your live server either.

May 09, 2011 @ 18:22
    Waqar Zafar

i have copies over exactly same folder, paths, completely zipped the folder and deployed on live server. It's not such a simple issue as if you notice on screenshots, the whole strip of buttons dissapear and also default umbraco styling including borders in rich text boxes dissapear.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2011 @ 19:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Wagar

So the files exist on the filesystem...

But what about the database? Does the created styles in the stylesheet folder under the "Settings" section also exist on your server? And if so have the stylesheet been linked to be used in the rich text editor?

/Jan

May 10, 2011 @ 10:22
    Waqar Zafar

Hi,

I am not using any style sheet for rich text editor dropdowns. The only stylesheet I have in my application is for front end which exists on both servers. Both servers using same stylesheets and databases. There should be some internal stylesheet for rich text editors which is somehow not being referenced as you can see styling is different on both in terms of font size, no border. I am unable to find by default where does tinymce reference stylesheets which gives it borders and top buttons like bold, italic etc which you can see are missing in live version. Interesting to note rich text box is acting like a plain text area as none of the style options appear.

Waqar

May 10, 2011 @ 10:51
    Waqar Zafar

Hi,

I have figured out what is happening. It's definitely a bug. My live site is setup in this way http://abc.mydomain.com whereas my site doesn't work with "www" such as http://www.abc.mydomain.com. For testing, I setup an empty umbraco site with and without "www" and noticed tinyMCE only works with "www" and as you can notice a missing image, the path for that missing image for some reason looks for "www". For technical reasons, we have to setup our sites without www but I dont understand why is tinyMCE internally referencing "www". Does anyone know where can I fix this issue to force tinyMCE not to reference "www"?

Waqar

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft