Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Umbraco version: 4.7.0
The issue is that on publishing new content, it is not displayed in IE, but is shown in other browsers (like Firefox 4).
I've tried various things, like disabling the caching in the umbraco config file, forcing site re-publish in code, nothing seems to work.
Some links to where I have already been:
Is there a quick solution to this? Why would IE not show up to date content, but Firefox, Chrome, etc would?
Any help appreciated, we have a number of Umbraco sites that are doing this.
Just to be clear...is it the content in your website we're talking about or is it in the umbraco backoffice.
If it's on the website...is it possible to see online somewhere? I think this could be due to some invalid markup or some styling that is acting up for instance...
Is it possible for you to make a quick test on some static HTML/CSS files to see if the problem persists outside Umbraco scope? And have you tried validating the code to see if there are some critical error that could be the cause?
It is the content on the front-end. The backoffice shows the new content.
Its worth mentioning that when I touch the web.config, or do a new build via Visual Studio, the new content appears.
I've been thinking that it may be an issue with the macro used on our site. It's a dotnet user control and lists out the latest "news" nodes on the site. It behaves as mentioned; create a new news page in the backend, publish it, it appears in all browsers appart from IE. Touch the config or do a new build in Visual Studio and it will appear in the list.
Since it does appear in the list after that, I don't think it is some broken content, but I'll double check what it is outputing after I publish some new content.
Do you perhaps cache your macro's? Here is an article about it: http://blog.mattbrailsford.com/2011/02/01/caching-an-umbraco-macro-by-querystring-parameter/
I thought that it might be something to do with Macro caching, and had played around with the caching properties of the macro, with no luck; however I will try the link you posted.
That's odd...if it had to do with caching I suppose it would affect other browsers than IE as well?
I must admit I'm out of ideas for this one but looking forward to see if you come up with a solution and figure out the cause...sorry I can't give you more input about this at the moment.
That's cool - thanks Jan.
I'm sure we'll figure it out - it will probably turn out to be something really simple!
The problem is definitely with Macro caching, but whatever I do I can't get the macros to updated automatically. The only thing that works is to touch the web.config or recycle the application pool.
Someone mentioned on another forum post that it is better to use .NET controls for user imput and XSLT macros for displaying content. I'm wondering if the only way around this is to list the pages via XSLT. I have replicated the functionality in an XSLT macro and it works fine - no problems. There are more .NET macros on the site I'm working on that may need converting to XSLT.
Unless someone has an idea on how to clear the macro cache and refresh the macros content, I've probably got a bit of work ahead of me.
Ok, I'm kicking myself - I was concentrating so hard on umbraco / browser caching, that I didn't notice that the developer that had done the macro had stored the article list in session. Doh!
It's was causing too many problems, so I'm just removing the session storage. Thanks for the help.
I am using this below code to change language from English to Arabic and opposit, it works on Google chroome and Firefox, but not in IE
The website is changing the laguage on Chrome and firefox, however on IE is not!
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted