Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henrik 12 posts 32 karma points
    May 10, 2011 @ 17:57
    Henrik

Content not updating in IE

Umbraco version: 4.7.0

Browser IE9

The issue is that on publishing new content, it is not displayed in IE, but is shown in other browsers (like Firefox 4).

I've tried various things, like disabling the caching in the umbraco config file, forcing site re-publish in code, nothing seems to work.

Some links to where I have already been:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/15936-Base-and-IE-Caching
    http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/publishing-and-republishing
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/5267-Content-Caching-Issue

Is there a quick solution to this? Why would IE not show up to date content, but Firefox, Chrome, etc would?

Any help appreciated, we have a number of Umbraco sites that are doing this.

Cheers,

Henrik

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 10, 2011 @ 23:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Henrik

Just to be clear...is it the content in your website we're talking about or is it in the umbraco backoffice.

If it's on the website...is it possible to see online somewhere? I think this could be due to some invalid markup or some styling that is acting up for instance...

Is it possible for you to make a quick test on some static HTML/CSS files to see if the problem persists outside Umbraco scope? And have you tried validating the code to see if there are some critical error that could be the cause?

/Jan

May 11, 2011 @ 09:53
    Henrik

Hi Jan,

It is the content on the front-end. The backoffice shows the new content.

Its worth mentioning that when I touch the web.config, or do a new build via Visual Studio, the new content appears.

I've been thinking that it may be an issue with the macro used on our site. It's a dotnet user control and lists out the latest "news" nodes on the site. It behaves as mentioned; create a new news page in the backend, publish it, it appears in all browsers appart from IE. Touch the config or do a new build in Visual Studio and it will appear in the list.

Since it does appear in the list after that, I don't think it is some broken content, but I'll double check what it is outputing after I publish some new content.

Cheers,

Henrik

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 11, 2011 @ 09:58
    Jeroen Breuer

Do you perhaps cache your macro's? Here is an article about it: http://blog.mattbrailsford.com/2011/02/01/caching-an-umbraco-macro-by-querystring-parameter/

Jeroen

May 11, 2011 @ 13:36
    Henrik

I thought that it might be something to do with Macro caching, and had played around with the caching properties of the macro, with no luck; however I will try the link you posted.

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 11, 2011 @ 18:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmmm

That's odd...if it had to do with caching I suppose it would affect other browsers than IE as well?

I must admit I'm out of ideas for this one but looking forward to see if you come up with a solution and figure out the cause...sorry I can't give you more input about this at the moment.

/Jan

May 12, 2011 @ 09:57
    Henrik

That's cool - thanks Jan.

I'm sure we'll figure it out - it will probably turn out to be something really simple!

Henrik

May 12, 2011 @ 20:30
    Henrik

The problem is definitely with Macro caching, but whatever I do I can't get the macros to updated automatically. The only thing that works is to touch the web.config or recycle the application pool.

Someone mentioned on another forum post that it is better to use .NET controls for user imput and XSLT macros for displaying content. I'm wondering if the only way around this is to list the pages via XSLT. I have replicated the functionality in an XSLT macro and it works fine - no problems. There are more .NET macros on the site I'm working on that may need converting to XSLT.

Unless someone has an idea on how to clear the macro cache and refresh the macros content, I've probably got a bit of work ahead of me.

May 13, 2011 @ 13:03
    Henrik

Ok, I'm kicking myself - I was concentrating so hard on umbraco / browser caching, that I didn't notice that the developer that had done the macro had stored the article list in session. Doh!

It's was causing too many problems, so I'm just removing the session storage. Thanks for the help.

• molham bakir 18 posts 38 karma points
    Oct 03, 2013 @ 15:16
    molham bakir

I am using this below code to change language from English to Arabic and opposit, it works on Google chroome and Firefox, but not in IE

Can any one help? 
    that's the website: www.promoto.ae

<script>
        function changeLang() {
            $.ajax({
                url: "/changelanguage",
            }).done(function () {
                location.reload();
            });
    return false;
        }
        $('#changelang').on('click', function () {
            changeLang();
        });
    </script>

• molham bakir 18 posts 38 karma points
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 13:50
    molham bakir

Hi guys

The website is changing the laguage on Chrome and firefox, however on IE is not! 

Please HELP! 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft