Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stoneward 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 12, 2011 @ 17:53
    stoneward

Media no longer listing after accidentally hitting delete on the Media Recycle Bin

I was quickly removing individual items from the media recycle bin, when I accidentally clicked the recycle bin itself and hit delete. After doing that, my media section will not list at all. I only see the media parent folder and nothing below it, though there should be numerous files and folders listing underneath it.

While trying to figure out what happened, I noticed /umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx was returning a 500. Below is the stack trace from that error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

No node exists with id '-21'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '-21'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: No node exists with id '-21']
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() +244
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id) +36
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.MediaRecycleBin.CreateRootNode(XmlTreeNode& rootNode) +142
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.CreateRootNode() +68
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.Initialize() +154
       umbraco.loadMedia.CreateRecycleBin() +76
       umbraco.loadMedia.Render(XmlTree& tree) +26
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.LoadTree(TreeRequestParams treeParams) +77
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +140
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +55
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Does anybody have an idea as to what I've done and how to undo it?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 12, 2011 @ 23:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stoneward

What version of Umbraco did this happen on?

I think you will need to have a look in the database to get this fixed...is there any chance that you have a backup, which you could perhaps roll back to?

/Jan

• stoneward 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 13, 2011 @ 16:03
    stoneward

I found the solution in an old thread, but this still seems like something that the user should not be able to mistakenly do.

Here is the thread:
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/18493-Media-section-broke-No-node-exists-with-id-%27-21%27

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft