Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luuk Peters 79 posts 319 karma points
    May 31, 2011 @ 09:31
    Luuk Peters

Content tree not loading --> Telerik RadCompression

I'm not really sure if this can be considered an Umbraco 'bug', so please move this topic if neccesary.

I recently suffered an issue where the content tree (in Umbraco 4.7) would not load. Searching the internet, this usually means that the access rights are not set properly, or you are using a MySql server. However, both these items were not an issue: The NETWORK SERVICE had full rights to the entire folder and we are using a MS SQL server. I spent the better part of a day working this out.

In the end, the problem was related to the Telerik suite of controls. I used the 'Telerik' menu option to include Telerik support on my project. When checking options, I seem to have checked the 'RadCompression' module. Which this option enabled, the content trees will NOT LOAD. What made this so hard to debug, is that the tree would load in Chrome and Opera, but not in any IE version or Firefox.

Because the Telerik suite is well known and used often I would like to warn developers so they don't have to send as much time debugging as I have now. I'm not sure if Umbraco can do anything about this or should do anything about this, or if this is a Telerik issue. But it's annoying to say the least.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 31, 2011 @ 12:50
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Luuk,

Thansk for reporting this. Since Umbraco comes with a ClientDependency Framework that does some magic with you scripts and css files to bundle it. I'm sure this conflicted the Telerik Suite. It's safe to disable that option in the Telerik suite since Umbraco does the same.

Cheers,

Richard

• Deepfreezed 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 31, 2011 @ 20:30
    Deepfreezed

I ran into the same issues with RadCompression.

looking at the DLL in umbraco bin, it seems to be using  V 1.0.2 of ClientDependency.Core.dll. Should this be updated to the latest version 1.3 ClientDependency.Core.dll?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft