Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• [email protected] 16 posts 28 karma points
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 09:17
    ts@firmaidraet.dk

Umbraco config file corrupt

Hi

I have an issue with my Umbraco installation. The issue is that I'm experiencing corrupt Umbraco.Config file from time to time. This occurs WITHOUT being in the backend of Umbraco - and often seen when browsing a page on unstable/slow network connections...

The splash screen telling me that "looks like there's still work to do" appears and I can see that the data/UmbracoConfig file is 1 KB in size.

The workaround is deleting the Umbraco.Config file and republish a page (and sometimes also republish entire site is needed) - the config file is rebuilt and the site is available again.

I just state once for for the record that the issue is occurring without making changes in the umbraco backend - I'm just "a user" when this occurs!

This is kinda serious behaviour and I'm hoping someone has information on how to avoid this entirely?

Kind regards
    Thomas

• [email protected] 16 posts 28 karma points
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 10:18
    ts@firmaidraet.dk

Couldn't edit my original post. Just a little bit more info:

Umbraco version is: 4.5.2 we're running on the old umbraco schema - and the umbraco config file is located in the /data folder. The website is running .Net 4.

• Kostas Athanasopoulos 4 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 25, 2011 @ 10:58
    Kostas Athanasopoulos

Hello

It occurs on our system too with same specs (4.5.2 + old schema) from time to time (with or without publishing).  Our website is quite large 30k+ nodes and is currently hosted on a load balancing mode.

Are you aware of this situation?
    Are there any work arounds to avoid the umbraco.config being corrupt?

I can provide any information that you may require to maybe investigate a bit more.

I would like to thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Kostas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft