Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bob McLane 19 posts 39 karma points
    Jul 26, 2011 @ 19:04
    Bob McLane

Templates Node will not open

Out of the blue I am no longer able to access the Templates node and Documnet Type node. A loading message comes up and eventually times out, just displaying a page cannot be displayed message or it takes down the entire site, Service Unavailable.

I tried upgrading from 4.5.2 to 4.7 and still have the problem. The other nodes on the Settings page work and as far I can tell everything else does work.

We can also edit the master pages (templates) directly via Visual Studio and still make changes but that doesn't help with the document types

Any ideas on where to start to figure out how to fix this?

Thanks

Jul 26, 2011 @ 19:18
    Bob McLane

Could this possibly have something to do with it? I've been looking in the database, specifically the cmsTemplate table and some of the records have blank design values. As I mentioned above we sometimes make changes to the Master pages in the filesystem with VS and not the Umbraco web GUI.

Jul 28, 2011 @ 13:36
    Bob McLane

Problem has been fixed. Somehow or another orphan records where created in umbracoNode and cmsTemplate. Once I cleaned up the tables everything worked correctly again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft