Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sonni Tost 20 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 26, 2011 @ 09:46
    Sonni Tost

Front-end disappears - but all the nodes are there in the back-end

Hi all,

I have experienced an odd problem a couple of times during the last mont.

Without warning all of my content has disappeared from the front-end - even though it all still exists in the back-end.

After I have re-published all the nodes everything is ok again. But it is somewhat disturbing to not know wether Your sites are on-line or 'empty'.

The sites have been made in Umbraco 4.5.2.and Umbraco 4.7.

I have tried to visualize the problem here:
    http://test.pajor.dk/_umbracoproblem/umbracoMissingLinksProblem.html

I have searched around for an explanation/solution to this problem - but I have been unsuccesful.

Thanks

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Aug 26, 2011 @ 14:10
    jaygreasley

Hi,

I have seen this problem on a development machine where the SQL Server was not available when IIS started up.

Is it possible you've had an outage and this has caused the issue?

hth

Jay

Aug 26, 2011 @ 14:33
    Sonni Tost

Hi Jay,

Thank You for Your input. I have just called the hosting provider that runs the solution that triggered me to make the enquiry. It turns out that the hosting provider has made changes/updates on a series of servers during the night. So it might be that You are right.

I will try to see if I can get information on any system malfunctions / updates from the other hosting provider that runs the other sites where I have experienced the same odd behaviour.

Kind regards,

Sonni

Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:21
    Sonni Tost

Hi again,

I tried to test Your 'problem setup' on a test server - taking the database off-line and trying to connect to it through the webserver. It creates the exact same problems that I have had. I have not heard from the other hosting provider yet but I am quite certain that You are right.

Thanks!

Sonni

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft