Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny Winbourne 33 posts 54 karma points
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 14:24
    Danny Winbourne

Saving Rich text editor/tiny mce areas in IE9

Hi,

I have found an issue when trying to save rich text properties when using IE9. Basically, the change doesn't happen, and it reverts back to the previous content.

It works fine in Chrome and Firefox 5, as well as IE 6 (not tried IE 7 or 8).

Is this a known bug/issue?

Thanks
    Danny

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 14:04
    Claushingebjerg

I have a lot of clients with this problem too. Running the browser i compatability mode seems to fix it, but it would be great if there was a fix from umbraco HQ.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 22:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

Think it's related to some issues with tinymce and IE9 where there have been some problems. Perhaps try to check the issue tracker on umbraco.codeplex.com and see if anyone has reported this issue- if not feel free to create it and post the issue in here so when people come across this post they have an opportunity to vote up the bug. If I remember correctly though this issue should have been fixed in v4.7 - so what Umbraco version are you experiencing this on? Perhaps an upgrade is possible?

If upgrading is not an option then Claus is right that you can can work around this by emulating IE8 mode by adding this line in the <head> section in the umbraco.aspx file found in the the /umbraco/umbraco.aspx

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8" >

I only recommend to do this if the problem can not be solved by asking the client to use another browser and you need to work around it permanently. It's never a good idea to edit the source code.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft