Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pankaj Sharma 11 posts 51 karma points
    Oct 30, 2011 @ 19:21
    Pankaj Sharma

Template not saved Please make sure that you do not have 2 templates with the same alias Umbraco V4.7

I face a verystrange problem while gving finishing touch to asimple umbraco website on server

I have uploaded the files  to server (navicosoft.com). Everything working fine but We can't save or edit a Master template online (i.e through our Umbraco CMS admin panel). When we press Save template a Error message occured everytime "Template not saved Please make sure that you do not have 2 templates with the same alias" Eventhough I have not 2 same aliases & I am sure about it.

Now I trried to change aliase name & booom.All templates disappear under template folder.Tried in new browser,Logout relogin  etc  still issue remains  same.

So Why it happened? Is it a hosting services problem .how can it be rectified?

or Last Resort

should I develop the whole website locally ten upload it to the server.

Or I have to reupload only Umbraco files (except database).Please suggest.

version : umbraco v 4.7.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4281.20201)

Hosting provider :- www.navicosoft.com

Note: It was a clean installation.

Browser : Chrome,FF

Thanks

• Pankaj Sharma 11 posts 51 karma points
    Oct 31, 2011 @ 07:47
    Pankaj Sharma

Solved  :-

My problem was fixed I contacted hosting Services & there were insufficient rights to the Umbraco Files(i.e to  right & to save).

Its working perfectly now.

i can save templates

Thanks

• Kesava 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 15:40
    Kesava

Hi Pankaj,

Can you tell me what permissions were missing and how did they grant the rights for you, because I am facing with the same problem. 

Thanks in advance

Regards

K

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft