Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Deci 19 posts 48 karma points
    Nov 14, 2011 @ 14:18
    Deci

forum loading error

I frequently get this error: "Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\forum-overview.xslt" when I access the forums. It's not a good advert for Umbraco as a whole when new prospective users look in the forums.

I sometimes have to refresh the page multiple times before it will work.

• Deci 19 posts 48 karma points
    Nov 14, 2011 @ 14:35
    Deci

I can't edit my post above so I am going to just reply to it (on the second attempt I copied what I wrote in case it failed..which it did): 

Ok, second attempt at an edit as it lost my last one..this is sort of proving the point I am trying to make. Anyway, trying again:

I wrote this and then tried a search and got this which reminded me I get this way too often and as I was writing about the forum I came back to this post to update it:

our.umbraco.org hiccuped

our.umbraco.org has had a minor hiccup and an
    error has occured.

If new users are coming to the forums looking for even basic answers and are getting this frequency of errors just reading and posting basic questions, they will give up and move to another platform.

When the tools are this flaky on the official site hosted by the platform you are investigating it really doesn't engender a sense of confidence in the framework.

Umbraco rocks in so many ways but this sort of thing I think really lets it down. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft