Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Philip 59 posts 73 karma points
    Dec 10, 2011 @ 21:21
    Philip

Error when creating pages in Umbraco V5 Beta1

I am trying to create a new page in Umbraco, but I keep getting the following error:

The UI Element is missing the Umbraco.Cms.Web.Model.BackOffice.UIElements.UIElementAttribute attribute

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The UI Element is missing the Umbraco.Cms.Web.Model.BackOffice.UIElements.UIElementAttribute attribute

Source Error:

Line 80: @Html.HiddenFor(x => Model.RevisionId)
    Line 81: <script type="text/javascript">
    Line 82:     Umbraco.PropertyEditors.PropertyEditorManager.getInstance().init(@Html.RenderPropertyEditorUIElements(Model.Properties));
    Line 83: </script>

Source File: xxx\Website\Areas\Umbraco\Views\ContentEditor\Edit.cshtml    Line: 82

Any idea if some fields might be missing?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 11, 2011 @ 00:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Phil

Must admit that I have no clue...but have you double checked your permissions? And do you have MVC2 and MVC3 installed?

/Jan

• Philip 59 posts 73 karma points
    Dec 11, 2011 @ 09:11
    Philip

Hi,

I have just double checked, and I have as a test set Network Service to have full permissions, and I do have MVC2 and MVC3 installed.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Phil

Sorry my bad - it's more likely that it's because you're missing a reference to the Umbraco.Cms.Web.Model.BackOffice.UIElements.UIElementAttribute interface in the top of your code I think...does it say @using Umbraco.Cms.Web.Model.BackOffice.UIElements.UIElementAttribute ?

/Jan

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 11:19
    Pinal Bhatt

Anybody any help.

Me too getting same error while creating child content pages in "Content" Section.

@Jan Skovgaard : It is occuring in Backoffice so where i need to add reference or put using statement?

Dec 15, 2011 @ 15:06
    Pinal Bhatt

Found the cause of the issue. Whenever we try to create content page with  document type having one of its property of type "Simple Editor" we get this error.

Dec 15, 2011 @ 15:13
    Pinal Bhatt

Created issue at umbraco.codeplex.com http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/30642

Please vote if you still see this issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft