Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christophe 9 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 12, 2011 @ 16:28
    Christophe

jQuery problems with Internet Explorer 8

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing some strange problems with the BackOffice that seems to be related to jQuery. I tried to upgrade jQuery from 1.6.2 to 1.7.1. This reduced the amount of crashes but I still get some of them and moreover I don't know if upgrading jQuery can introduce some other problems.

With some document types when I click on a node in the left treeview to edit the content I get randomly one of the following results:

1. the address bar of the browser goes to: res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#,http://localhost/umbraco/umbraco.aspx#content;
    2. the iexplorer.exe crash;
    3. the full page refresh and I get a message at the top telling me "This tab has been recovered";
    4. I got the Yellow Screen Of Death telling me:

Height must be non negative. Parameter name: value
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 
    Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Height must be non negative.
    Parameter name: value
    Source Error: 
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  
    Stack Trace: 
    [ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Height must be non negative.
    Parameter name: value]
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Style.set_Height(Unit value) +8772180
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.set_Height(Unit value) +30
       umbraco.uicontrols.UmbracoPanel.OnInit(EventArgs e) +318
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +311
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +480

All this is when IE8 is runnging in native mode (Browser mode : IE8 + Document Mode: IE8 Standards).
    If I go in compatibility mode it works correctly.
    The problems is that the users that use the Backoffice to manage the content don't have the rights to change the browser mode.
    I personaly never use IE8, I prefer Firefox or Chrome but our users don't have the rights to install them...
    Did someone else encounter that problem?

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Dec 20, 2011 @ 20:17
    Lachlann

Hey I have been encountering this problem as well, I might try to force compatibility mode (by adding the meta tag to the backend default page) and see if that fixes the issue.

L

• Christophe 9 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 21, 2011 @ 08:53
    Christophe

On my side I have modified my /umbraco/umbraco.aspx two times.

Once with those two lines:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7">
    <%HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("X-UA-Compatible", "IE=7"); %>

And the second time with

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7">
    <%HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("X-UA-Compatible", "IE=EmulateIE7"); %>

I checked the source code of hte pag and the response headers with Fiddler. Both are set correctly but it still crashes...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft