Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SiKo279 82 posts 238 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 15:11
    SiKo279

Some forum feedback

Using Chrome and IE8 (w/ and w/o Compat.Mode) I was not able to post any topics or replies on the forum.

Although I emailed Niels, I felt that even my email system was failing as nothing came back. (Impatience is not my strong point Niels!)

Today I tried using the forum with Firefox ... and yes ... it works with firefox as you may see.

The avatar unfortunately is still broken (I opted to use twitter, 'yes we found you' and it displayed in the profile page), but as you may see, this is not me (no I'm not alien).

I understand things are under investigation, so let's hope it's all fixed soon.

Thanks!

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 15:15
    Niels Hartvig

I've just tested Our in

- IE 7 + 8 on Windows

- Firefox 3 on Windows, Firefox 3.5 on OSX

- Safari

- Chrome

Without issues, so I'm not sure why it's not working on your machine. The avatar is displaying fine here, not sure whether it's a caching issue.

/n

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 15:19
    Warren Buckley

I can see your avatar just fine, i think this is a caching problem when you first setup your avatar, it looks like it hasnt done it.
    Hit CTRL + F5 and see if that does it.

Ah the Alien/Monster is for the gravtar system that it falls back onto if it cant find your avatar though
    http://blog.gravatar.com/2008/04/22/identicons-monsterids-and-wavatars-oh-my/

I will do some quick testing from IE8 and Chrome and do some test posts back here.

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 15:20
    Warren Buckley

This is a quick post from Chrome and all seems to be fine.

Jul 02, 2009 @ 15:23
    SiKo279

I can see it fine also.

Test post with IE8 after clearing cookies etc.

Jul 02, 2009 @ 15:24
    SiKo279

Test post with Chrome before cleaning the cache ...

Jul 02, 2009 @ 15:25
    SiKo279

OK!

Problems solved. Thank you all for the assistance.

This account should be regarded as my active account.

'siko' (koffemans _ at _ hot mail) can be deleted.

Thanks again!

Sijmen.

• Jannie Brand 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 01, 2011 @ 08:08
    Jannie Brand

I know this is an old post, but maybe someone can help or maybe there's a new bug.

I've had to do this post from Firefox, since I'm unable to post from Google Chrome.

I can see the tinymce editor, with all the controls ("Bold","Strikethrough","Bullets", etc.) at the top, in Chrome, but I can't focus on the textarea (white block underneath the grey bar with the controls on) to start typing a message. Don't know if this is a bug or something wrong with my Chrome. I've also tested it in IE8 and seems to work there as well, but I noticed that I could only get the focus on the textarea if I clicked in the top left-hand corner of the textarea. Clicking anywhere else in the textarea does nothing.

Any ideas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft