Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jed 55 posts 80 karma points
    Dec 14, 2011 @ 12:40
    Jed

IE9 date picker and RTE bugs

We've unfortunately been upgraded to IE9 in our office, which has introduced a stream of new bugs related to Umbraco's user controls. Specifically the RTE and date/time picker. Problems include:

RTE icons not appearing until the page is resized
    RTE text is unselectable - cannot get focus using mouse - I had to tab through from the post title to edit this post
    macros are inserted into wrong place (not at cursor position but at top of RTE)
    (none of the RTE buttons on this forum work at all BTW)
    The time picker doesn't slide making it unusable

The only workaround so far found is to use:
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" >

but I'm already using this to work around to fix other later redndering bugs:
    <meta content="IE=edge" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" />

I can't expect the Umbraco team to fix all the holes in each new Microsoft browser, but our site is crippled in IE9. Are there any plans to upgrade these components to accommodate IE9s failures?

• Jed 55 posts 80 karma points
    Dec 14, 2011 @ 16:20
    Jed

Just an update on this - I upgraded to the latest jqueryui.js from the jquery website and that fixed the timepicker IE9 bug (and the RTE focus bug). I also updated to the latest jquery.js but the RTE is still hard to use on IE9. I think I cannot simply replace the RTE with the latest code from TinyMCE itself, as the Umbraco RTE has been modded. So can I use the latest Umbraco 4.7 TinyMCE on my 4.5 installation? And are these RTE/IE9 bugs fixed in 4.7? I'm reluctant to upgrade from 4.5 to 4.7 as the upgrade method is clunky and Umbraco is so fragile (whole sites regularly dissappear) I'm scared to touch it.

• PBrack 20 posts 42 karma points
    Dec 14, 2011 @ 16:32
    PBrack

Thanks for suggesting the meta tag workaround - I hadn't thought of that!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft