Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Dec 16, 2011 @ 01:53
    Lou

Last post not displayed

I made a post about a fatal crash and it did not appear on this forum.

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Dec 16, 2011 @ 02:00
    Lou

This is the post that will not display.

I had a customised version of Umbraco 4.7.1 I had installed a number of packages successfully Contour, DAMP, User Controlls Editor, uComponents, Robots etc. and had no problems.

I just tried to install Back Office Notes, and it crashed;

Server Error in '/' Application.

The configuration is read only.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The configuration is read only.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ConfigurationErrorsException: The configuration is read only.]
       System.Configuration.ConfigurationElementCollection.BaseAdd(ConfigurationElement element, Boolean throwIfExists, Boolean ignoreLocks) +838390
       System.Web.Configuration.HttpHandlerActionCollection.Add(HttpHandlerAction httpHandlerAction) +16
       Dascoba.Umb.BackOfficeNotes.Registrations.RegisterHttpHandler(HttpContext context) +522
       Dascoba.Umb.BackOfficeNotes.NotesModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +155
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +575
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +352
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +407
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +375

[HttpException (0x80004005): The configuration is read only.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11686928
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +141
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4863749

I've tried to get the site running from a back up but that failed.  This was not a production site, and this is not the first time I have had this sort of problem loading a package, which is why I only do it on a test site.

I tried to report this on the page where I downloaded Back Office Notes, but it doesn't allow you to provide feedback.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237 

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Dec 16, 2011 @ 12:29
    Daniel Bardi

If running in integrated pipleline mode, add the following to the web.config under system.webServer/handlers section.

<add name="BackOfficeNotes" path="*.note" verb="*" type="Dascoba.Umb.BackOfficeNotes.NotesHandler, Dascoba.Umb.BackOfficeNotes" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft