Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 29, 2011 @ 11:27
    David

Umbraco 4, Experiencing problems with password

Hi,

I'm not sure how to explain this. But I was working on my website, and then all of a sudden the lock out screen pops up. I re-entered my password, without success. So I logged off and tried to log back on. However it doesn't seem to recongise my password now? Is this a known bug? Or has this got something to do with the host?

I'm losted for words... I can't make sense of this situation. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Dec 29, 2011 @ 14:14
    Tom Fulton

Hi David,

Sounds strange, have you tried another browser?  I seem to remember (a long time ago) having a similar issue that was browser related.

Also is the front end of your site getting any errors?  You can get the "bad password" behavior if your site can't connect to your database, but normally the front end will be giving an error also if this is the case.

Lastly you can check the database to ensure your user account is still there and reset the password.  It's encrypted but I think this value should reset it to 'password'  -  /7IIcyNxAts3fvQYe2PI3d19cDU=

-Tom

• Luis 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 27, 2012 @ 00:00
    Luis

Hi Tom,

I have a question, I have umbraco 4 in webmatrix, and  forgot my user and name because i used it maybe two years ago and now i want to use, I had some project in umbraco but now only can see by webmatriz and I can not use the templates from umbraco. How can I get my admin password in umbraco? I have the same laptop, I do not know, maybe the password is in some file in umbraco of the laptop, I remembered I did not instal any data base in my pc. I hope you can help me.. Thanks for all.

Luis M.

• Luis 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 27, 2012 @ 00:03
    Luis

I can see in other posts that they get any password encrypted in their data base, but it is not my case... I do not remember my user name and password (it is not very clean in the last post).. Thanks.

Luis M.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 03, 2012 @ 02:18
    Tom Fulton

Hi Luis,

Apologies for the delay - did you get this figured out?  You should be able to find your user in the DB's umbracoUser table and set the password field to what I posted above to reset it to 'password'

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft