Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 91 posts 111 karma points
    Jan 01, 2012 @ 20:18
    Ben

umbraco 4.0.0.2: DELETE is disabled for all non-admin users

Hey, 

I log in as an editor(user type) and try to delete some contents, but I see that the delete option no more exists in the umbraco context menu. I check that the option is checked in the users section, and I tried to create a new user-type with DELETE permissions, but I still can't get it to work. 

It was OK yesterday, and I still have an option to do it with administrator permissions...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 01, 2012 @ 23:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ben

Are you certain that it's not because some rights have been set that inherits to other nodes so that it's not possible to delete on those child nodes for instance?

I have never come across this issue when working with 4.0.2.1 installations so if you could describe the process to recreate the issue in detail it would be great, since I can then try to see if I can reproduce. However I don't think it's a general bug.

/Jan

Jan 02, 2012 @ 09:25
    Ben

Hi Jan,

My client who uses the website has told me that hr have never chnaged the users' permissions. I know that it sounds strange.

I can tell you that even when I create a copmpletly new user type, and allows him delete permissions, it doesn't go well and still I can't see the delete in the context menu.

I can try to restore the last working backup of my database, but I'm not sure it's going to be the right solution.

Thanks for your help,

Ben

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 11:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ben

Hmm, that indeed is strange.

When you set the delete permission is it then set when you're logged in as an administrator? Or are you logged in as another user type when you do it?

Maybe it's worth to have a look at the defined users in the database perhaps?

/Jan

Jan 02, 2012 @ 11:53
    Ben

Yes, I do it when I'm logged in as an administrator. Maybe I shoud check the permissions in the database, I'll do it and I'll let you know...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft