Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• nick 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 13:38
    nick

Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId 2cb7b4b8-a92d-4280-906b-8ff0dda54960 in the controls collection

Hi. I have problem. When i want install starter kit i have error.

Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId 2cb7b4b8-a92d-4280-906b-8ff0dda54960 in the controls collection. To correct this, check the data type definition in the developer section or ensure that the package/control is installed correctly.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId 2cb7b4b8-a92d-4280-906b-8ff0dda54960 in the controls collection. To correct this, check the data type definition in the developer section or ensure that the package/control is installed correctly.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId 2cb7b4b8-a92d-4280-906b-8ff0dda54960 in the controls collection. To correct this, check the data type definition in the developer section or ensure that the package/control is installed correctly.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) +521
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.Import(XmlNode xmlData) +636
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +345
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +1161
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +573
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +116
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 14:09
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Which starter kit are you trying to install?  That GUID is for the datatypes in the uTube package, I didn't think any of the built-instarter kits used that...but anyway you might be able to get around it by first installing uTube if that is in fact what it's looking for...

-Tom

Jan 06, 2012 @ 14:38
    nick

Yes, you're right. The last message contains the stack trace which I got during the installation of uTube. However, I am getting the same issues during the installation of other packages. What can be the reason of it? How it can be fixed/worked around?

Jan 06, 2012 @ 15:23
    Tom Fulton

That seems strange, so it's happening with different packages and the GUID is different each time?

How about after the package install fails, are you able to manually create a new datatype and select the Render Control that should have been installed?  For example with the uTube error can you then go and manually create the You Tube Single Video datatype?

As long as the DLL has been copied during the package install it should be able to create the datatype, not sure why it wouldn't...

Jan 06, 2012 @ 16:02
    nick

The GUID is unique with each package installation.

I can't create the datatype where uTube Single Video datatype is used as a Render Control.

Many thanks for advices!

Jan 10, 2012 @ 15:29
    Tom Fulton

Sorry I forgot about this post.  My initial thoughts would be to check and see if the DLL gets copied to /bin/ during the package install - if it doesn't, the datatypes won't get registered and cause the errors you are getting.  Maybe you have a permissions issue preventing the DLLs from getting copied

-Tom

• mithun 42 posts 63 karma points
    Aug 07, 2012 @ 14:39
    mithun

i  have the same issue  showing the error  

Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId b8a9a4e8-73f8-4f4a-a1ee-3f64053654b3 in the controls collection. To correct this, check the data type definition in the developer section or ensure that the package/control is installed correctly

• mithun 42 posts 63 karma points
    Aug 08, 2012 @ 08:25
    mithun

Solved the issue by copying the  below code in webconfig and add latest version Lucene.Net dll and old version Lucene.Net dll  is copied in new legacy folder 

<assemblyBindingxmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentityname="Lucene.Net"/>

<codeBaseversion="2.9.2.2"href="bin\legacy\Lucene.Net.dll"/>

<codeBaseversion="2.9.4.1"href="bin\Lucene.Net.dll"/>

</dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
  • sundip 76 posts 339 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 15:45
    sundip

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if everyone has resolved there issue or not but I did.

I had the same problem with '3c8cb0a1-d129-4246-b959-2dd2cd3b5bb8'.

The above DataType is from uComponent. If you have installed any other package before creating your package than third party package must be installed prior to your created package installation. And that solves the exception.

May be this helps to others.

Thank you,

Sundip

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft