Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny Gelens 6 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 08, 2009 @ 12:07
    Danny Gelens

Umbraco 4.0.2.1 don't show nodes but also when their is no node Umbraco doesn't show the no nodes page.

Hi all,

I had a problem with the Umbraco 4.0.2.1. binarie packages and after some hours searching found the solution i wanted to share with you.The problem I had:</span>

I installed Umbraco 4.0.2.1 without the Runway modules. Then I made my own document types, templates etc. for example: home, textpage etc.

After this i made some pages for my website. When I wanted to preview these pages I clicked on the preview icon in Umbraco which was working fine but when I start up my browser in the local host mode I didn't saw my website, even not the landingpage. When I typed in the localhost with the landingpage name (for example: http://localhost/home.aspx) then I saw the website.

I couldn't find any answer on my problem in the Umbraco forum but found some items which could help me.The solution:</span>

In found out that the Umbraco 4.0.2.1 binary file (I don't know if the installer has the same problem) already got an umbraco.config file in the /data directory. In this config file their is already information from the Runway modules so I thing that even when I do a clean installation without the Runway module Umbraco things that I installed the Runway module.

By deleting this file umbraco.config in the directory /data before you start installing Umbraco solves this problem.

Maby I'm wrong but this was the solution for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft