Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fraser Skea 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 16:01
    Fraser Skea

Previewing in 4.7.1.1

Hi,

I have just upgraded a site to 4.7.1.1 and I am still having some trouble with the preview functionality. This works fine for published nodes and unpublished nodes that are children of published nodes.

However in the case of an unpublished node which is also the child of an unpublished node this gives the error:

Page not found
    No umbraco document matches the url 'http://url/2288.aspx'

Does any one know if this should work and if so what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Fraser

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 16:46
    Tom Fulton

Hi Fraser,

Perhaps someone else may have some more info, but reading Dimitri's comment here it seems this was always the behavior of the Preview function.  If that's the case you might want to report the issue here and link it back on this thread so others can vote for it.

Note you might also check out the Super Preview package which has some advanced previewing features, perhaps it may not have this issue.

Also not an ideal solution, but I've instructed one of my clients once to create and publish their "parent" page but set umbracoNaviHide to 1 so that it doesn't show up in the navigation anywhere while testing.

-Tom

• Fraser Skea 10 posts 30 karma points
    Feb 01, 2012 @ 10:20
    Fraser Skea

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I set up a 4.7.0 instance and I can confirm this was always the case. Having searched through the issues on Codeplex there seems to be a bug already added for this issue.

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29952

For the moment I will just have to work around either with hidden pages or moving pages around.

Cheers,

Fraser

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft