Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 21:44
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Report Compatibility of a Package

I recently tested a package and when I went to report on it's compatibility with a version of Umbraco I got a pop-up window that said the following:

I've tried this!

Have you tried this package? Help others by letting them know if it's compatible with their version of Umbraco!

You need to download this package before you can report on it's compatibility

However, it wouldn't let me report compatibility. I've downloaded the package - why won't it let me report?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 21:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jennifer

Did you download the package from the repositry inside Umbraco or did you download it directly from our? If you have downloaded it within Umbraco I'm not sure it's registered and hence that could be the reason you see this message.

If that's the case I think this can be considered a bug, which should be solved.

/Jan

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 22:06
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I downloaded it orginally from our.umbraco.org - although I may not have been logged in at the time.

I was logged in when I got that pop-up message, so I downloaded it again and it still wouldn't let me report its compatibility.  However, after I posted the message on this forum and went back to the projects page - it let me do it.  So I'm guessing it requires a reloading of the page after download for it to register you as having downloaded the file.

Thanks.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 06:52
    Jeroen Breuer

Hmm I can already vote for it after I pressed the download button. Not the best system though. Most packages I've already downloaded a while back (perhaps while I was not logged on) and I just download them again so I can vote. Bit of an obstacle though and I don't think it necessary.

Jeroen

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 18:01
    Sébastien Richer

I have this issue right now. Downloaded a package from package page, not logged in. Installed, was happy, tried to report compatibility, logged in, got the error message :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft