Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• rorythecheese 110 posts 56 karma points
    Jul 10, 2009 @ 18:33
    rorythecheese

Duplicate Template error

On one of our live sites i've just got this error - "Please make sure that you do not have 2 templates with the same alias."</span></span>

This was just when creating a new doctype + template the usual way in the admin, then when editting and saving the template it throws that above error. No other templates or any other property, page, alias etc have the same name. IS totally unique. Even just creating a new template of random letters then saving it after editiing will throw the error and not save. Have checked the permissions on "mastertemplate" folder but everything looks to be in order/

Any one got any ideas?

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jul 10, 2009 @ 18:43
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Check the permissions on the masterpages-folder. My guess is that the problems is there.

• rorythecheese 110 posts 56 karma points
    Jul 13, 2009 @ 12:51
    rorythecheese

Have checked them, all is fine permissions wise.
    Seems that umbraco actually can read and write to the masterpages folder but just pops up the error everytime. It also changes the alias in the database when i add a new one in and creates a new master template with taht alias' name, thiough doesnt delete the old one.
    The other thing is that it doesnt do is update the 'Master Template' dropdown or the value in the database to that id. For now i have just manually changed the master id which has reflected in the admin ui.

So now a bit stumped as it does some stuff it's supposed to but not the others, and it used to do it fine. Can;t really understand what's happening.

Anyone got any furthur ideas?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 29, 2009 @ 14:48
    Jeroen Breuer

I've got the same problem. All the permissions are good and there are no duplicated names. Not a single template can be saved and when I create a new one it neighter can be saved. Anybody got some idea's?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 29, 2009 @ 16:09
    Jeroen Breuer

Hmm guess what. I had a template with a duplicated name... I need a vacation.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft