Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 91 posts 111 karma points
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 14:41
    Ben

non-admin users can't see DELETE option in the context menu

Hi,

I have an umbraco 4.0.4.2 site. It worked fine, but suddnley, users who aren't defined as administrators can't see the delete in the context menu.

I checked if thay were allowed to delete - the were.

I  created a new user type with all the permissions, created a new user with this type, but still I can'e see the delete option. 

When I log in a an administrator, everything's OK and the DELETE appears as expected.

Can you help me with this issuse?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 19:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ben

Perhaps there have been made some customization in some code that says that if you're not logged in as an administrator then you don't have access to the "delete" option in the context menu?

Or is there perhaps some kind of package installed allowing to disable the "Delete" option in the context menu?

/Jan

Feb 22, 2012 @ 09:06
    Ben

Hi Jan,

There is no such a package.

I have made some code changes in the umbraco's source, but I don't thinks it's the issue, becuase I have never seen a place where I can hide the DELETE option.. 

Thanks for your reply :)

Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:42
    Ben

Update: I have restored an old backup of my site's database, and now I see that the DELETE option is displayed as expected. I assume that the problem is in my new database, but I can't loose the data. Maybe restoring just a part of the old database's tables can be the solution, can you tell me what tables can help me?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft