Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ma quayle 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 28, 2012 @ 21:41
    ma quayle

Richtext editor display empty in backend

Richtext editor display empty in backend, but if I click 'HTML' the info is all there. 

If I choose another tab then go back to the original tab, the display is normal.

I have an unpublished page, content is currently being developed, and I am using FireFox 11.0 .  Seems to be fine in IE 9.0.

Not a big deal, but sort of annoying.

Thanks for any incite

maq

• timo 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 00:29
    timo

I have also seen this behaviour in FF 11.0.  FF 10.0.3 ESR does not have the issue.

Umbraco version is 4.7.0. 

For me it only affects the first richtext editor field on backend pages with multiple richtext editor fields.

Bringing up the find on page bar or inspecting the HTML will cause the text to appear and become editable.

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 15:34
    Jennifer Killingsworth

It's a bug in Firefox - I don't know when they're going to release a patch, but if you download a nightly build it will work:

http://nightly.mozilla.org/

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 18:20
    Janet Kirklen

I am having exactly the same issue with Firefox 11 on a new install of Umbraco 4.7.1.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 server. Is there any information on which version of which browsers Umbraco is compatible with?  That would be good to know so that I can pass that along to the people that will be editors on this site. 

I uninstalled Firefox 11 and installed Firefox 10.0.3 and the Umbraco UI seems to be much happier now. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft