Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Doyle 10 posts 31 karma points
    Apr 05, 2012 @ 18:48
    Peter Doyle

Squashing Images in RTE

Hey all, 

I am having an issue with images resizing randomly. If I upload an image to the media section named 'CricketerDuck.jpg' with dimentions 250x265 a new version of the image is generated named 'CricketerDuck_250x167.jpg' with dimentions 250x167. It seems to randomly change either the width or height of the image. 

I am not sure if the new versions of the images are being geneirated when the images are being uploaded or when they are placed into a RTE. I would asume it happens in the RTE because the images only show the shruken version after the page is saved and published. 

There are no thumbnail generators on the site or any other plugins that coudl be interfering with the images. 

I really need an answer on this one because I am totally stuck! 

Thanks

Apr 12, 2012 @ 16:29
    Peter Doyle

I posted this issue last week but I have not recived any replys. 

Could someone help me out with this? Do you need me to explain it better or do you require more information? 

Thanks

• Andrew Waegel 126 posts 126 karma points
    Aug 01, 2012 @ 23:05
    Andrew Waegel

Same here, except the problem is proving difficult to reproduce. But a link check has revealed a bunch of img src attributes altered in just this way.

Aug 02, 2012 @ 10:57
    Peter Doyle

Hi Andrew, 

After much head scraching and searching I found this http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/30723 and it led me to update to 4.7.2 and it fixed the issue. 

• Andrew Waegel 126 posts 126 karma points
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 18:26
    Andrew Waegel

Interesting, this problem seemed to appear for us *after* upgrading to 4.7.2.

I didn't even know about the automatic image generation until digging into this - that part's working fine for us, we're just having a problem with the image path getting '~/' prepended to it.

- Andrew

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft