Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dean 13 posts 56 karma points
    Apr 17, 2012 @ 18:33
    Dean

HTML formatting error on workflow notification emails

There appears to be an issue with the HTML used in workflow notification emails, property names are displayed but their values are not visible. The HTML content is there and if I save the source as an .htm file and view it in Firefox the values are displayed (although in the wrong location).

The HTML is generated from the sendNotification function in the umbraco.cms.businesslogic.workflow namespace, I am using Umbraco v4.7.1.1 and this problem was noticed in Outlook 2007.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?

• Dean 13 posts 56 karma points
    Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:22
    Dean

It appears that this issue has been logged with Umbraco (http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/26577) but has not been addressed.

The fix is a simple code change, for my current project I have decided to download the CMS source code and make the change myself. This works but throws up maintenance issues e.g. ensuring my change is not wiped out during a CMS upgrade.

• Tony Bolton 83 posts 109 karma points
    May 22, 2012 @ 17:32
    Tony Bolton

Hi Dean,

Yep I've just had the same issue flagged by a client.  This is up to and including 4.7.2.

Not sure how to go about getting this forked into the current changeset as it does seem to be an extremely minor but very irritating quirk (I never noticed it, as Google Apps renders it regardless).

I do like the term 'munted' mentioned in the codeplex article - I shall endeavour to use this more often! :)

Thanks for posting the link to the codeplex article btw - saved me a lot of time.

Cheers,

Tony

• Tony Bolton 83 posts 109 karma points
    May 23, 2012 @ 18:34
    Tony Bolton

FYI I've applied the fix and submitted it - fingers crossed I did the whole Mercurial thing right!

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/SourceControl/network/forks/PoorbandTony/FixIssue26577NotificationEmail/contribution/2230

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft