Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
When I create and publish a new document the "Link to document" property shows "#" instead of the path. This only happens on our live server and works fine in the other environments. I've come across a couple of other questions regarding the same thing, http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/27734-Link-to-document-error and http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/16271-Link-To-Document-Showing-as-when-published-Please-Help, but none of the suggested solutions there has helped.
I've checked the permissions and they seem fine, I've restarted the website, recycled the app pool and republished the node.
Could this be a bug, as suggested in one of the questions I linked to? We are using version 4.7.0.
The page isn't saved to umbraco.config, but it is saved to the cmsContentXml database table. If I look at the logs I can see the following errors:
[UmbracoExamine] Error indexing queue items,There is an error in XML document (0, 0)., IndexSet: InternalIndexSet
Couldn't find any page with the nodeId = 6870. This is most likely caused by the page isn't published! Parameter name: nodeId
We recently tried to move new changes from our development instance to our QA instance using Courier and we're now running into the same issue on our QA server. It doesn't matter what template I use, it always comes up with '#' as the "Link to Document".
I also checked our App_Data\umbraco.config file and it doesn't seem to be getting updated.
Any help would be appreciated.
I just found another thread, after posting my reply above, that seemed to fix my problem, sort of.
I renamed (I suppose you could also delete) the umbraco.config file in the App_Data folder. I then went and touched the web.config and republished the entire site. Republishing created a new umbraco.config file and it included all of my new nodes that were showing # for the Link to Document field.
However, I tried adding a new node and got the same result. # for the Link to Document field.
I'll keep looking through other threads for a permanent solution.
I found my issue, not sure if it will help you or not.
We are using load balancing to support multiple web servers and I'm using another "admin" server behind our firewall to keep the admin panel and the web sites separate.
I had an incorrect value in the umbracoSettings.config file for the distrubuted service which was causing it to fail when trying to find the server.
I looked at the umbracoLog table to lead me to this error.
Hope you find a solution soon.
Thanks, I think you may be on to something here! :)
We also use load balancers, there's one staging server where all changes are made, and 3 load balanced servers that the changes gets copied over to. I had a look on the load balanced servers, and the umbraco.config file on those 3 has been updated, it's just on the staging site it doesn't get updated. The distributedCall setting is enabled in the umbracoSettings.config, and the ip addresses for the 3 load balanced servers are listed there. Not quite sure what I need to change to make it work, but at least I now know where the problem is.
Right, I've solved it. I added the staging server to the ip addresses in the umbracoSettings.config, but that still didn't work as the staging server is protected by basic authentication. If I remove that, it works fine. Thank you so much for leading on the right path!
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted