Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 93 posts 153 karma points
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 07:47
    Matthew

forum doesn't work in ie8?

just coming back after being away, tried to get to our umbraco in ie8 for the first time, going into a forum such as installing umbraco i see no topics but get a row of page links.  if i click on the latest post on the right, i get the title, then 'error parsing xslt file: \xslt\forum-commentslist.xslt, then the add reply form.

can't log in either.

all works fine in mozzy though.

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 09:30
    Thomas Höhler

The forum works in IE8 but some css stylings aren't like they are for FF and IE7. Can't reproduce the xslt error you mentioned and aalso I could login without problems. Just check your JavaScript settings, etc.

Will check the css settings.

Thomas

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 10:16
    Thomas Höhler

I added the css changes to the dev environment, PPH will update the production environment at some point. Till then just use the compatibility view in IE8

Cheers,
    Thomas

• Matthew 93 posts 153 karma points
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 17:36
    Matthew

thanks much thomas, that seems to have done it.  login works and displays fine.

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 13:18
    Gordon Saxby

I cannot login to our.umbraco.org using Internet Explorer 8 - I am doing this in Google Chrome.

I have enabled "Compatability Mode" but that does not seem to help?

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 14:00
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Try clearing your cookies and cache. Perhaphs an old cookie is causing the troubles. I'm using IE8 to type this, no problems here.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 14:19
    Per Ploug

It has been an issue in the past as our.umbraco.org didn't have a p3p certificate, it has now, so it is only browsers with security set to "High" that have issues, but that is caused by some javascript not loading.

You can add our.umbraco.org to your trusted sites in ie8, then it will work, even with security set to high (writing this from ie8 with security set to high)

Aug 25, 2009 @ 19:45
    Gordon Saxby

OK, clearing the cookies did it - but I can't vote :-( Clicking on the "up" thumb opens a yellow box that just has a "close" link and nothing else happens!

Aug 25, 2009 @ 20:54
    Gordon Saxby

Ah, OK ... I tried it in Chrome and I get a message about not having enough points to vote. The message doesn't appear at all in IE8.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft