Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry Kernan 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 14, 2012 @ 15:46
    Terry Kernan

upload datatype and uppercase extensions

I'm using umbraco 4.7.1.1.  I'm using an 'upload' datatype to allow users (not members) in the admin area to upload images.  I've found that the upload datatype will generate thumbnails automatically for me, but only if the extension is lowercase.  Images attached:

image with uppercase extension:

image with lowercase extension

I think the code that checks the filename should be case insensitive.

Is there a way I can fix this myself without having to re-compile the entire umbraco base code?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2012 @ 16:13
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Terry,

Noticing the filename of the upload, is there a reason you have the "UploadAllowDirectories" (in umbracoSettings.config) set to False?

Just done a quick test on my local Umbraco 4.7.1 install, and I do get the same results... will do some digging around the Umbraco core, gut feeling is that it's a bug.

If you set "UploadAllowDirectories" back to True, then this problem will go away (but all currently uploaded media will remain in the root of /media)

Cheers, Lee.

• Terry Kernan 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 14, 2012 @ 16:25
    Terry Kernan

Hi Lee

There is no particular reason for the UploadAllowDirectories to be set to false, only i'm trying to keep the file structure of the website as flat as possible, I expect to have to move this folder off site (azure/s3 etc).  

Thanks for assisting!

Terry.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2012 @ 17:55
    Lee Kelleher

I voted up your ticket on CodePlex: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/30815

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft