Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten Remboel Jacobsen 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 21, 2012 @ 16:38
    Morten Remboel Jacobsen

Umbraco V 5.1 - Backoffice - Media items get "unpublished" when adding/removing images

I am using the Umbraco 5.1 application and whenever I remove a media item (image), one or more media items gets "unpublished" meaning I have to manually "Publish" each media item again to ensure they will appear on the website.

Is this a known bug and is there a workaround?

• Simon Chilvers 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 24, 2012 @ 18:06
    Simon Chilvers

We have a similar problem, the items don't get 'unpublished' as such since they are still marked as 'published', but they don't appear in the front end or in the media node itself (the thumbnail is missing).  Clicking 'publish', brings the image back again.

This seems to happen to all media types, not just images though

May 24, 2012 @ 18:20
    Morten Remboel Jacobsen

Simon -> thanks, that's what I meant by "manually publish" so I guess this is a bug.

We have added a test on or CI server to deal with the issue. Inspecting the output reveals, that Umbraco.GetMediaUrl returns an empty string, whenever the issue is present so it's easy to catch but a strange issue.

• Simon Chilvers 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 25, 2012 @ 16:47
    Simon Chilvers

This looks its a problem with the nHibernate access being artificially restricted.  I've managed to resolve it by increasing the number of nodes retrieved from the database from 1000 (!) to a million.  Looks like as you publish new items, the old ones get pushed out the back of the most recent 1000 nodes and so they appear as null

This details how to update the codebase: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/umbraco-5-general-discussion/31290-Umbraco-501-to-51-RTM-Nightmare

May 29, 2012 @ 07:58
    Morten Remboel Jacobsen

Thanks Simon. It seems V5.xx is still yet to reach a mature state. I'll hope for the best in future releases :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft