Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garry Bain 149 posts 124 karma points
    May 23, 2012 @ 11:15
    Garry Bain

Cannot create content in 4.7.2 upgrade

Hello,

I have recently migrated a site from a web host and set it up on my local server. This was originally an upgrade from 4.5 to 4.7.2 (though I can't exactly confirm this) and it is not letting me create content or even check the "About" page once I'm logged in.

My umbraco log table only has records from 2008-2009 which means that when I did the upgrade it seems to have broke this functionality.

Once I right click on any content and click "create" nothing happens, the same goes for creating stylsheets, javascript files, document types and so on. Whenever I try to create something new - nothing happens.

The site is full of content and works fine from the front end and I can also edit existing content and save it, this works fine - I just can't create anything new.

Permissions seem fine as they have NETWORK SERVICE with full control on all files and folders from the root. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
    Garry.

• Garry Bain 149 posts 124 karma points
    May 23, 2012 @ 11:43
    Garry Bain

Ah I got the answer!

Used firebug when right clicking and saw the uiKeys is not defined javascript error, googled it which brought up this:

http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst8465_uiKeys-is-not-defined-javascript-error.aspx

Ended up replacing the .xml files in umbraco\config\lang with ones from a working install.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft