Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jigar 170 posts 233 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 07:43
    jigar

Problems in Editing User Permissions

Note :-  I admit that i have placed the same post in other category also. i know i should not do multiple place posting but it's urgent and i thought this might be bug so i post it over here.

Hello All,

I really stuck up with issue in user management.

I have problems in editing user permissions. I believe Umbraco is not saving them.

E.g. I have user called “HR” and I have set permission for edit particular section and saved the stuff.

Now when I revisited the same page for modifying permission I can see that there was no check box checked.

Same way, when editing user permissions the actual permissions for the user are not being displayed. i.e. For HR the user has permissions to edit Vacancies section. But when Admin goes to edit these permissions there are no check boxes against the relevant sections for the user profile.

Can any one please help me in this. I am using 4.1 umbraco.

Regards,

Jigar

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 08:25
    Per Ploug

Hi Jigar

Does a spechbubble apear when saving the user? If not, then check if the password field on the user profile trows an error (only visible if you click change password) 

That error stops umbraco from saving the user, and you can't really see it doesn't work as there is no visual feedback. 

It's caused by firefox's "remember password" functionality. 

----

And please do not create dublicate topics again, if you are in a hurry and think your question is important, we have a paid support service which has a guaranteed response time of 24 hours: http://umbraco.org/products which you can use instead. 

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 09:23
    Paul Blair

Hi,

I think I had a similar problem in the past when I was just trying to update an email. It wouldn't change unless I also changed the password - not sure what caused the problem but this should do as a work-around.

Cheers

Paul

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jul 31, 2009 @ 06:35
    Shannon Deminick

Are you referring to the permissions editor when you right click a node and click 'permissions'? If so, i've always found this to be buggy and not saving permissions. Instead you should use the Permissions Editor on the User's tab. You can reset permissions, etc... for any node for any user... works much better for me.

• LeeAnn Feiertag 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 15, 2011 @ 22:27
    LeeAnn Feiertag

I am using Umbraco 4.6.1.  I agree that the best place to work with permissions is using the Permissions Editor on the User's tab, but I don't know why I can't see the permissions I previously selected for a user when I go back to check them.  We have had several episodes where a user has been working for several months using her permissions just find, then suddenly she can't even access pages she previously edited.  I wanted to check her permissions to see what might have changed, but her permissions were blank.  This is what I see for every one of my users.

Is there no way to keep the permissions I have granted visible?  Will this be recitified in v 4.7?

Thanx, again for all your help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft