Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 15:33
    Richard Barg

Desktop Media Uploader Hangs when Logging In

Umbraco Version - 4.71
    Windows Server 2008 – 8gb memory – 4 Zeon 2.27Ghz processors service pack 1 – 64 bit OS
    IIS version 7.5.7600.16385
    SQL Server 2008 R2 

Stacktrace - N/A

A detailed description of what you did before the issue happened:

We upgrade to 4.71. Before upgrade Desktop Media Uploader worked fine. Now it hangs after the proper login as shown below:

entered - see screenshot.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 15:48
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Can you try using just the first part of the URL instead of adding /umbraco/umbraco.aspx?

ie, http://yourdomain.com instead of http://yourdomain.com/umbraco/umbraco.aspx

-Tom

Jun 25, 2012 @ 23:18
    Richard Barg

re: ie, http://yourdomain.com

This is what failed originally.  The error message was invalid login. I tried the one above but it hangs. The login is correct - its the login on our site.

Jun 26, 2012 @ 14:26
    Tom Fulton

Hi Richard,

Ok, that's a better error :)  The URL should definitely be just http://yourdomain.com instead of including the /umbraco/...

Can you verify your user account has access to the Media section in Umbraco?  If it doesn't (or if the credentials are bad) you'll get this error.  I'm sure you've already verified you can login to Umbraco with those credentials also right?

-Tom

Jun 26, 2012 @ 19:56
    Richard Barg

It's my user account. I have access to everything including the media library. I am entering in the same login/password. This worked great before we upgraded and my recollection is worked in the staging version of 4.71.

Anything I can tell my developer. I'm the PM of the site.

Also, this very useful utility should be added to the Umbraco core.

Thanks. Richard

Jun 27, 2012 @ 19:39
    Jun 27, 2012 @ 19:49
    Tom Fulton

Ah yes, looks like you're right.  I would follow the instructions in the last post (uninstall from Control Panel, reinstall from Media dashboard).  Hope that fixes it :)

Jul 10, 2012 @ 20:38
    Richard Barg

We resolved the problem. As this is an AdobeAir app, our programmer has to make some adjusments w/our upgrade to activate it.  Now it works great.

Jul 11, 2012 @ 06:05
    Tom Fulton

Glad to hear you got it solved.  Any chance you might be able to post the details of what your developer did in case others have this issue in the future?

Thanks,
    Tom 

Jul 11, 2012 @ 16:47
    Richard Barg

Sure, will get in touch w/him - btw,  how does one  marks a topic "resolved in the forum - can the originator do it?

Jul 11, 2012 @ 23:26
    Tom Fulton

There should be a small green checkmark right below the poster's name in each post (same place the Edit button appears on your own posts).  Clicking it should mark as solved.  I agree this could be more prominent :)

-Tom

Jul 19, 2012 @ 21:55
    Richard Barg

We are upgrading from 4.0x to 4.7.1 and we did not have the latest version of DMU installed. As soon we installed the right version, everything worked fine.  A great addition to Umbraco.  Saves a lot of time.

• Virginia 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 08:28
    Virginia

Hi there,

I have been experiencing the same "invalid login" error message after downloading DMU v2.0.5 from this website.

After reading this thread I realise I need to install v2.1.0, however, that only seems to be available via the media section of the admin panel.

When I try to install it via the admin panel, I get the following error message:

"Sorry, an error has occurred. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged.Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

I'm wondering if there's any other way to get hold of v2.1.0? I really don't know what to do/where else to turn.

Thanks so much for reading and for your time!

Virginia

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft