Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 18:40
    Richard Barg

Library Call to Check for Duplicates Ignores Unpublished Nodes (updated)

When I tried to edit the original post, I got the error Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\forum-commentsList.xslt

So I had to repost. It also appears the system did not delete my orginal post.

System: Umbraco Version - 4.7.1 ,Windows Server 2008 – 8gb memory – 4 Zeon 2.27Ghz processors service pack 1 – 64 bit OS , IIS version 7.5.7600.16385, SQL Server 2008 R2, Stacktrace - N/A   

I have posted earlier about random nodes suddenly becoming unpublished in 4.7.1.   Our only recourse is to republish each site.  Unfortunately this has given rise to another problem where two copies of the same file/node are generated when a publish event makes a library call to check for duplicates. This results in a duplicate file being generated. I am writing on behalf of our developer.  The code and explanation he gave me are as follows:

"In a Publish I am calling the following to find if a child already exists with a particular name (Jonathan Carter M.D.)

XPathNodeIterator parentNodeIter =

umbraco.library.GetXmlNodeById(parent.ToString());

But this only looks in the published nodes (Umbraco cache). How do I find if the particular name (Jonathan Carter M.D.) already exists as an unpublished node which is not in the cache and not accessible from the library call?"

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 19:09
    Richard Barg

The quoted material above was missing a word, so I am reposting that - editing does not work:

in a Publish ***Event** I am calling the following to find if a child already exists with a particular name (David Jablons M.D.). 

XPathNodeIterator parentNodeIter = umbraco.library.GetXmlNodeById(parent.ToString()); 

But this only looks in the published nodes (Umbraco cache). How do I find if the particular name (David Jablons M.D.) already exists as an unpublished node which is not in the cache and not accessible from the library call? 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft