Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Theo Xavier 8 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 03, 2009 @ 22:11
    Theo Xavier

Javascript Exception Thrown Preventing Table Editing

Hi,

If you add a table using the tinymce bar along the top of a given page the supplied functionality in canvas mode is suppose to allow for someone to add/remove a row, column etc, by right-clicking on the table item.  However upon right clicking the following javascript exception appears "Line: 67 Error: 'top.uiKeys.general_copy' is null or not an object" regarding javascript code found in editor_plugin_src.js.

The lines in question found in editor_plugin_src are:

Line 67:  m.add({ title: top.uiKeys['general_copy'], icon: 'copy', cmd: 'Copy' }).setDisabled(col);
    Line 68:  m.add({ title: top.uiKeys['defaultdialogs_paste'], icon: 'paste', cmd: 'Paste' });

Line 77:  m.add({ title: top.uiKeys['defaultdialogs_insertimage'], icon: 'image', cmd: ed.plugins.advimage ? 'mceAdvImage' : 'mceUmbimage', ui: true });

This problem happens everytime you are debugging and when not debugging the tinymce menu simply just does not appear only leaving the user with the default browser menu.  The user has no way to add/remove rows, columns etc from the table.

Any ideas?

Aug 03, 2009 @ 22:22
    Theo Xavier

Oh and by the way these are my specifications:

IE 8 (also doesnt work in Firefox 3.5 and the latest Chrome)

Windows XP

.NET 2.0

Visual Studio 2008 embeded IIS Web Server

Aug 04, 2009 @ 14:57
    Theo Xavier

Oh and its Umbraco version 4.0.2.1.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 04, 2009 @ 15:06
    Peter Dijksterhuis

I've run into this problem as well. It's a bug from tinyMCE, not from umbraco. I did look at the tinyMCE site and found a bugreport there, but as far as I know, this was never fixed.

HTH,

Peter

Aug 04, 2009 @ 15:58
    Theo Xavier

If it is true that this bug is not triggered by any incorrect umbraco behavior then perhaps the latest version of tinymce would solve the problem. 

The version of TinyMCE demoed here (http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/examples/full.php) seems to work properly.  Perhaps this bug has been corrected in the latest version.

I am going to rip out the old version of tinymce and replace it with the new version to see if this corrects the situation. 

--Theo

Aug 04, 2009 @ 15:59
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Let me know how that works out please, I'm interested if this makes it work.

Aug 04, 2009 @ 16:44
    Theo Xavier

I am beginning to have my doubts that replacing the old version of TinyMCE with the new one in Umbraco will help.  Because, the menu seems to work correctly when used in the bodytext editor window within the Umbraco main window while the javascript exceptions are being thrown when the same thing is tried in the canvas mode. 

Any ideas?

Aug 04, 2009 @ 17:14
    Theo Xavier

I am happy to report that replacing the 'editor_plugin.js' and 'editor_plugin_src.js', (found in '\umbraco\umbraco\presentation\umbraco_client\tinymce3\plugins\contextmenu\') for the contextmenu with the new versions of these files (found in the 'tinymce_3_2_5_jquery.zip\tinymce\jscripts\tiny_mce\plugins\contextmenu\' worked.  This problem has now been solved!

Thanks for your help Peter Dijksterhuis. Dank u wel!

Aug 04, 2009 @ 17:23
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Great! Thanks for letting us know! I'll create a codeplex-issue to get this solved in a future version as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft