Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ruth White 5 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 05, 2009 @ 16:33
    Ruth White

document type disappeared (NOT deleted)

Hi

I am running Umbraco v4.0.2.1, ASP.NET 2.0 ,Windows Vista, IIS 6.0.

I just updated one of my templates and then went to look at the content node to edit the content to check the changes only to discover this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +54
    umbraco.controls.ContentControl..ctor(Content c, publishModes CanPublish, String Id) +783
    umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +371
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3074; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3074

I then looked at the document type for that page which also displays an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

No node exists with id '1089'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '1089'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: No node exists with id '1089']
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() +459
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id) +25
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.GetDataTypeDefinition(Int32 id) +88
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.propertytype.PropertyType.get_DataTypeDefinition() +9
    umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.UpdateInterface() +176
    umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +24
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141

I am sure I did NOT delete this document type. The document type still appears in the list even when the nodes are reloaded. The content nodes are also still showing. The page still displays after being republished and when looking at the source the changes to the template have been included. I made these exact changes to another template for a different document type and that has not been affected. This behaviour is not expected if the document type had been accidentally deleted, therefore I think it must be another problem.

Any ideas?

Ruth

• Jannik Nilsson 38 posts 81 karma points
    Aug 24, 2009 @ 17:55
    Jannik Nilsson

I get the exact same error, any ideas?

• Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 14:28
    Barry

Ruth , I have similar problem - same error anyway. Using the Admin interface, all my nodes are missing below the top node. So , I have Content (with nothing below it), Developer (with nothing below it) etc.

umbraco v 4.0.2.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.3441.17657)

IIS7, SQL 2008

• Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 08:47
    Barry

Delete all files in _systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete

Worked for me : )

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft