Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrea 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 28, 2012 @ 16:11
    Andrea

Non-standard characters display problem

Hi, i'm developing a website using Umbraco 4.8.0 and MySql (ver. 5.5.24).
    Every table in the DB are setting with utf8_general_ci collation and in the web.config the querystring (umbracoDbDSN) have this parameter "...;charset=utf8".

I've a multilanguages site... english, italian, french, russian and chinese. 
    For the firts three languages there are no problems.
    When i save a property node in cyrillic characters there are some problem to display the value.

The value is saved correctly in the DB, infact if i go to the DBMS and i execute a select query to read the record in the table cmspropertydata, i read the right value... and if i read the document in c# with mydocument.getProperty("myPropertyAlias").Value i've the right result.

The problem is that if i add an umbraco:item in the template, if i read the value from razor, and in the url of the node ... i show the character ? and not the cyrillic character (the same problem with chinese).

I've  also open the cache file umbraco.config in App_Data and i show the wrong character (?).

Can you help me ???

Sorry for my bad english.

• Andrea 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 29, 2012 @ 09:47
    Andrea

Ok ... i'm an idiot =)
    Umbaco works fine ... the problem was that the charset of the field "XML" in the table "CMSCONTENTXML" was wrong.

Bye

• sundip 76 posts 339 karma points
    Feb 28, 2013 @ 20:41
    sundip

Hey Andrea,

I am having the same problem, can you please explain the solution in detail, I have a big Russian website to finish.

Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft