Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 03:35
    wolulcmit

2 media folders and recycle bins after 4.9 upgrade

Anyone else experienced the same?
    Am on sqlce mind you, perhaps there was a db upgrade didnt happen properly during the update....
    any known workarounds?
    all media is also now throwing the error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Sep 10, 2012 @ 04:01
    wolulcmit

I ended up rolling back the bin folder (which fixed things) as Content nodes were also throwing the same error as tinyMceEditor wasnt working either. Keen to find out if these are just sqlce errors or not. I will upgrade a different project later on today (with full sql) and see if I get any of the same issues (will post here if so).

• Markus Johansson 1918 posts 5785 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 06:22
    Markus Johansson

Hi! Did you add the new umbraco, umbraco_client folders as well? Which version where you comming from?

// M

Sep 10, 2012 @ 08:00
    wolulcmit

yep, added those folders as well... coming from version 4.7.2

- Tim

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 08:54
    Rich Green

Hey Tim,

I have exact same problem http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/34450-Duplicate-Media-Folders-Umbraco-490-after-upgrade

I've tried:

- Deleting all records from 'umbracoAppTree' table

- Removing all 'Media' references from the Trees.config file

Hmm.

Rich

(Hope you're well mate!)

Sep 10, 2012 @ 08:55
    Rich Green

Btw I'm using full SQL Server so I don't think it's SQL CE related.

Rich

Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:55
    Rich Green

Should also say my DB upgrade failed at 35%, was trying to upgrade from 4.6.1

Rich 

Sep 10, 2012 @ 11:25
    Rich Green

Raised on Issue tracker http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-787

Rich

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 14:54
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Is there any way I can get Tim or Rich's solutions before the upgrade (or after if not possible) so I can check out what might've gone wrong? sj @ umbraco . dk is where you could send them (admin user/pass would be handy, make sure to change them before you zip it up if it's sensitive info).

Sep 11, 2012 @ 02:12
    wolulcmit

Have emailed you download details for my project. Don't laugh at my rusty razor :)

Sep 11, 2012 @ 08:14
    Sebastiaan Janssen

After having a good laugh at your razor.. (neh, I didn't even look at it ;-) )

Upgraded that site from 4.7.2 to 4.9.0 and the media section is fine, I can send it back to you if you need.

I think the problem will have occurred in the merge of trees.config, I see a few custom entries in yours that might've given problems when updating. So what I did is take the release version and added the three custom tree entries at the bottom (logmanager, robotstxt and standardvalues). I bet this was the problem.

Also remember to remove the App_global.asax.dll file and apply the uComponents workaround (not that these should cause the double nodes).

Sep 11, 2012 @ 09:17
    wolulcmit

Ah cool, thanks,,, good to know where the problem lies. I'll give that a go and see how I get on. I do remember trying to use all the 4.9.0 release configs and still had no joy. I was also having a problem with content nodes also throwing errors, but probably related to the same config issue. Hope this helps you too Rich?

Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:33
    Rich Green

Hey Sebastiaan, Tim, 

Sorry I haven't had time to look at this since I posted, or get the code over.

Initial thoughts is that I don't think trees.config solves the issue for me as I used the one from 4.9 (I upgraded from 4.6.1) there wasn't one in 4.6.1 to conflict with.

I also emptied the AppTree table, but didn't help.

@Sebastiaan, would you prefer the 4.6.1 version or the 4.9 version with the bug?

Thanks guys

Rich

Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:53
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hey Rich, would prefer the 4.6.1 version so I can do the upgrade and see if we're missing steps in the upgrade guides. Don't forget to include a database backup either, thanks! :-)

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Sep 14, 2012 @ 00:13
    MrFlo

Hello,

I got the same problem as well upgrading from 472 to 490.
    I have seen in the umbraco node table there are two "recyled bin" node. 

Is it coming from there ?

Did any find a fix ?

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Sep 18, 2012 @ 16:28
    Matt Brailsford

Just hit the same problem myself, and after a little bit of digging, it comes down to the mediaRecycleBin entry in the tree.config having it's initialize attribute set to true when it should be set to false. Just change it in the xml and all should be fine.

I'm pushing a fix to the core codebase as it's due to a tree atrribute definition not having the initialize set to false, so should be right in future versions (the fix above will work untill then).

Matt

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 09:46
    MrFlo

Perfect, thank you Matt.

Just don't forget to touch the web.config or restart the application before you can see the fix.

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 15:06
    Nik Wahlberg

HEy all, did anyone fix the prolem of NullObjectReference after the 4.7.2 -> 4.9 upgrade? I was able to get rid of the duplicate media folders, but no luck with the content/media nodes throwing errors:

At /umbraco/editContent.aspx?id=1149 (Referred by: http://[sitename]/umbraco/umbraco.aspx): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Umbraco.Core.IO.FileSystemProviderManager.GetFileSystemProvider(String alias)     at Umbraco.Core.IO.FileSystemProviderManager.GetFileSystemProvider[TProviderTypeFilter]()     at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.TinyMCEWebControl..ctor()     at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration)     at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.tinyMCE3dataType.get_DataEditor()     at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption)     at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls()     at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()     at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)     at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)     at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)     at umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    At /umbraco/editMedia.aspx?id=1194&isNew=true (Referred by: http://[sitename]/umbraco/create.aspx?nodeId=1141&nodeType=media&nodeName=Footer Images&rnd=66.2&rndo=66.8): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Umbraco.Core.IO.FileSystemProviderManager.GetFileSystemProvider(String alias)     at Umbraco.Core.IO.FileSystemProviderManager.GetFileSystemProvider[TProviderTypeFilter]()     at umbraco.editorControls.uploadField..ctor(IData Data, String ThumbnailSizes)     at umbraco.editorControls.uploadfield.DataTypeUploadField.get_DataEditor()     at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption)     at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls()     at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()     at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)     at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)     at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)     at umbraco.cms.presentation.editMedia.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thanks folks,
    nik 

Sep 25, 2012 @ 17:45
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sorry for the late reply Nik, looks like you might not have all of the web.config changes.

In configSections, add:

<section name="FileSystemProviders" type="Umbraco.Core.Configuration.FileSystemProvidersSection, Umbraco.Core" requirePermission="false" />

Straight after </configSections> add

<FileSystemProviders configSource="config\FileSystemProviders.config" />

And make sure the config\FileSystemProviders.config file is present.

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Sep 25, 2012 @ 23:15
    Nik Wahlberg

Hey man, thanks for the answer! I shall try that.

-- Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft