Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Alcock 113 posts 176 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:52
    Peter Alcock

Check Media Use Before Delete

Hi all,

Hopefully in the right section and makes sense!

I have a number of sites using Umb4.7.2 which all work fine however i am having trouble with deleted images(Recycle bin empty) that if the image is being called on say an image carousel and the image is for some reason moved to the recycle bin it continues to work fine.

How ever if then the recycle bin is emptied it doesn't (understandably!) the problem i have is there seems to be some kind of loop where umbraco continues to search and search for the deleted image untill it actually crashes the application pool for the website.

Has anyone got any ideas? ideally an event when the recycle bin is emptied it checks if any of the images are being used and flags them up perhaps?

Thanks all

Pete

• Peter Alcock 113 posts 176 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 11:21
    Peter Alcock

Just to add, only seems linked to things using imagegen, am using latest version.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 11:32
    Rich Green

As imagegen images are cached, I imagine what is happening is that (correctly) ImageGen is looking to see if there's a cached image rather that using the actual image and ImageGen will serve it up without knowing the original image is no longer there.

This will happen unless the Recycle Bin empty deletes the imagegen cached image.

You might want to raise it on the ImageGen section on here, though it's not a ImageGen bug there might be a workaround.

Temporary fix would be to delete all 'Cached' folders after emptying the recycle bin.

Rich

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft