Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Allan Joey Laluan 24 posts 105 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 15:59
    Allan Joey Laluan

Armenian Language Dictionary not showing up

Hi Gurus,

I've setup a multilingual website with French and Armenian (only) as the languages and manage the hostname to set this languages and using the Dictionary to display static text. When switching to the Armenian website the static text displays a blank text. The French version works fine tho. I've tried switching the Armenian to English (US) and works fine. I'm using 4.7.1.1.

Does anyone have experience the same thing?

Regards,

Allan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 19:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Allan

Could you post a screen dump of the "manage hostname" setting on you armenian site? And could you also post a screendump of one of those dictionary items you're missing?

Btw, have you made sure to set the "useDomainPrefixes" setting in umbracoSettings.config to true? Make sure to recycle the app pool to make sure the changes take effect.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Nov 06, 2012 @ 14:50
    Allan Joey Laluan

Hi Jan,

Sorry I worked with other projects and left this issue and now I'm back on this problem again.

Where I use the debug mode of the site I found this error:

Error returning dictionary item 'Test'
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at umbraco.library.GetDictionaryItem(String Key)

But the 'Test' dictionary is present and working with English, French version but not with Armenian at all.

Regards,

Allan 

Nov 06, 2012 @ 15:04
    Allan Joey Laluan

Hi Jan,

Solved the issue. There are two Armenian languages: Armenian and Armenian (Armenia), I used the first one which I believe is not recognized in my local machine and the dev server. So when I switched to Armenian (Armenia) language it works fine.

Thanks anyway for helping me out.

Regards,

Allan

Nov 06, 2012 @ 15:04
    Allan Joey Laluan

Hi Jan,

Solved the issue. There are two Armenian languages: Armenian and Armenian (Armenia), I used the first one which I believe is not recognized in my local machine and the dev server. So when I switched to Armenian (Armenia) language it works fine.

Thanks anyway for helping me out.

Regards,

Allan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft