Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 21:29
    Richard Barg

Empty Members Folder in Admin Display as if Children Were Present

The initial display of the Member Folders in the Members area shows an A-Z list where each folder has a triangle next to it.  In fact only some of these folders may have members.  This display obscures what is really happening in the members area. It also conflicts with the similar treatment of empty folders in the Media Library where empty folders do not have a triangle.

In the screenshot below, the a and b folders relect no children ONLY BECAUSE they were clicked on.Folders L-Z may or may not have children.

In the U.S., we call this "hiding the ball".  I would note the membership area is pretty counter-intuitive to begin w/. It's hardly the model of simplicity. This makes it worse.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 22:08
    Tom Fulton

Hi Richard,

I completely agree that the arrow should reflect whether there are any children.  I would suggest you create an issue on the issue tracker to gauge interest - make sure to post a link back to it here so others that find this thread can vote.

-Tom

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 01:07
    Richard Barg

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1944

U4-1944 All Parents of Members (A-Z) Folders in Membership Area Indicate Presence of Children Even if None Present

Issue is visible to:

On 4.71, and perhaps later, all branches of the membership tree indicate the presence of children by defaulty, even those with no children. This wastes time for developers and managers by giving a misleading picture of "Members". See this link for an example. Most of these parent nodes have no children. Only when you click on them is that fact apparent.
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft