Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    Sep 25, 2012 @ 17:13
    William Burnett

4.9 Template Editor buggy behavior

Any of the editors that use syntax highlighting appear to be extremly buggy. Using the enter key sometimes generates a carraige return (moving code down another line) and other times it does not. Sometimes clicking and editing results in editing at the cursor point and other times the text being edited is several lines above and offset to to the left of the actual cursor point.

Sometimes saving the file and/or refreshing it fixes the issue, sometimes it does not. The syntax highlighting is great, the usability of the editor sucks.

Sorry in advance for being a jerk... but this is one of those things that needs fixed now, not 3 years from now ;)

FWIW i am using IE9 with Windows 7

• Kevin R. Smith 26 posts 48 karma points
    Sep 28, 2012 @ 13:19
    Kevin R. Smith

I'm getting the same thing. This editor is horrible! Compatibility mode doesn't work either.

Sep 28, 2012 @ 15:29
    William Burnett

And yet we hear crickets...

How does something so blatantly buggy get ignored and how long is it going to take to get fixed? 

Hello core team, can somebody acknowledge this issue and create a work item please. Most of us don't have the energy to create a codeplex issue and campaign to get it "voted up"....  

• Anders Holmér 20 posts 41 karma points
    Nov 05, 2012 @ 12:22
    Anders Holmér

IE9 does not work well for me either, when I instert a text och field, it's pops up above the cursor.

Jan 11, 2013 @ 00:16
    Kevin R. Smith

FYI, I downloaded Firefox and it works like a champ. So, if you are looking for a solution: download Firefox.

Jan 11, 2013 @ 01:48
    William Burnett

Here's the rub... I don't use Firefox, don't like Firefox (or Chrome) and have no intention to start using them to gain functionality that shouldn't be broken in the first place. The irony... The platform is built on MICROSOFT technology, but 3rd party eye candy (syntax highlighter?) has been added that prevents an essential component from working in the Microsoft browser. If it were not so sad, it would be funny. 

Yeah I get it, the code Monkeys at Microsoft don't make life easy on anybody and they certainly have a bad habbit of breaking browser standards.... so what.

I may be the perpetual grumpy freeloader complaining about bugs in sofware that I didn't pay for... but lets be realistic here, there is no excuse for this isse to stil be dragging on. The code/template editor is at the core of the freakin product and it is broken.

Jan 11, 2013 @ 13:51
    Kevin R. Smith

:-) You took the words out of my mouth!

It is unfortunate that it still continues to be a problem. In the meantime, I grudgingly view in IE and code in Firefox since there hasn't been any input from our Umbraco friends.

Is everyone that's using Umbraco NOT using IE???? Strange that this hasn't gained more traction. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft