Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Molly 94 posts 134 karma points
    Oct 24, 2012 @ 20:14
    Molly

Cannot add macro's into RTE - TinyMCE3 - jQuery error

Hi Everyone 

I cannot add macros into the RTE. It is using TinyMCE V3 as standard. 

It says "jQuery not defined" in insertMacro.aspx now i've compared these files to the other umbraco site i have on the same server and they are exact, now the only thing that won't open on the insertMacro.aspx when inspecting the elements is a DependencyHandler.axd....and alot of letters and numbers source that won't open but opens on my other site where i can add macro's through the RTE fine. 

I'm losing my mind constantly looking and fixing, all my permissions are correct so i'm at a loss right now. 

I'm on umbraco v 4.8.0

ASP.NET version 4 

IIS 7.5 

The only thing i could think would affect this is i have a couple of xslt's that were originally referencing jquery scripts of different versions so i adjusted this to only reference one so they all work now, but i can't say that the insert macro was even working before this. I know i did delete jquery.js from umbraco_client/ui/jquery.js previous but restored it to exact one that was there. 

This is the error i get when trying to open the src file from within insertMacro.aspx (this file opens fine in my other umbraco site. The url it's giving me is this - /DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L3VpL2pxdWVyeS5qczsvdW1icmFjb19jbGllbnQvdWkvZGVmYXVsdC5qczsvdW1icmFjb19jbGllbnQvdGlueW1jZTMvdGlueV9tY2VfcG9wdXAuanM7L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L3RpbnltY2UzL3V0aWxzL21jdGFicy5qczsvdW1icmFjb19jbGllbnQvdGlueW1jZTMvdXRpbHMvZm9ybV91dGlscy5qczsvdW1icmFjb19jbGllbnQvdGlueW1jZTMvdXRpbHMvdmFsaWRhdGUuanM7&t=Javascript&cdv=1

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not parse the type set in the request

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Could not parse the type set in the request

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: Could not parse the type set in the request]
       ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.CompositeDependencyHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +366
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Hopefully i can get some more information about this. I've scoured through the web.config file and compared to my other and nothin in there seems to be out of place. Any point in the right direction would be perfect. 

Just as another point the TinyMCE editor is quite glitchy and won't break to a new line when i press return, it also will not register a <br/> or put my new <p> on a new line (this editor works perfect in my other umbraco site) I'm guessing this is all to do with the jquery not functioning properly.

I've attached a screenshot of the errors. 

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft