Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pau Larsen 15 posts 35 karma points
    Nov 07, 2012 @ 18:17
    Pau Larsen

All content nodes disappeared!

Hi,

We have just had a critical experience with our Umbraco solution. We installed the module PDF Creator through the package repository and uninstalled it again. And then all nodes but the root nodes disappeared in Umbraco - as if it was a fresh install. The published frontend still works fine.

Anyone who knows what might have happened and how to get our nodes back other than restoring the latest db backup?

/Pau

Nov 07, 2012 @ 18:20
    Pau Larsen

Extra info: I just noticed that if I do a create on the Content root node I see all my documenttypes in the list. But I don't see any document type nodes under the document type root node. It seems like that data is present but the ability to render the node trees is somehow broken. Any suggestions?

Nov 07, 2012 @ 18:51
    Pau Larsen

The issue is resolved - no data is lost. I tried to monitor the net traffic in Firebug when accessing the admin and noticed that the ajax call for rendering the threestructure got a 500 response - server error. I called the url directly and could see the asp.net error message stating that it had an issue with umbraco.licensing.dll. Investigating the server I could see that file was missing in the bin - I copied it in and now all works again.

But how it could disappear from installing and uninstalling PDF Creator from the package repository remains a mystery.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft