Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 19, 2012 @ 05:50
    James

404 whenever my page has a particular Name, any other Name works!

I'm having a strange issue where a previously working page is suddenly throwing a 404 whenever navigated to.

I have a folder structure similar to this.

Products  > Cars > Car1, Car2, Car3, etc.

After publishing, when I navigate to /products/cars.aspx a 404 is thrown, however if I change any character in the name (eg call the cateogry carsB or _Cars, etc) then the new URL (/products/carsB.aspx) will work. I've tried republishing the page multiple times, publishing the parent node and all children, etc, etc but nothing helps it no longer wants to allow the url /products/cars.aspx even though it was previously working!

This error started around the same time that a node was added on the same level as home (this node is used for some settings) with the name 'Cars', (so it's URL was /cars.aspx, whereas the page above should be /products/cars.aspx). Even after deleting the new node, I still can't republish and get the cars node under products to start displaying!

I've also tried restarting the website/iis and deleting the umbraco.config file, which haven't helped.

I would appreciate any help,

I'm using Umbraco 4.7.0

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft