Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Árni Gunnar Ragnarsson 31 posts 51 karma points
    Nov 19, 2012 @ 12:57
    Árni Gunnar Ragnarsson

Site error: Current has not been initialized. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.

Hi all.

http://www.odinsoftware.is/

We have a live corporate site which right now is down because I was upgrading from 4.9 to 4.10.1.

I stepped through all the things that I had to upgrade, but this error is very, very strange.

[InvalidOperationException: Current has not been initialized. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.]
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.ResolverBase`1.get_Current() +202
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.BeginRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +129
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.b__6(Object sender, EventArgs e) +80
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Anyone out there that has seen the same error?

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 01:42
    Chris Mahoney

Same error here. I did a fresh install of 4.10 on my Win 7 PC and it worked fine. Now I've copied the site to the production server (Win 2003 R2) and am getting this error. No idea where to even begin with troubleshooting this one...

What version of Windows are you using? Could this possibly be an IIS 6 issue?

Edit: Got it working; it was a file permissions issue.

• Árni Gunnar Ragnarsson 31 posts 51 karma points
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 02:09
    Árni Gunnar Ragnarsson

WFT ... ?

I thought I had deleted this topic because I found the solution due to my lack of reading skills. I had forgot to copy over the Global.asax file to the root of the IIS website ... although it says so in the upgrade directions.

RTFM !!

• David Dimmer 76 posts 134 karma points
    Jan 09, 2013 @ 17:31
    David Dimmer

Copying the Global.asax fixed this problem.  Thanks Arni.

[InvalidOperationException: Current has not been initialized. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.]
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.ResolverBase`1.get_Current() +165
  • Glenn 28 posts 101 karma points
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 03:46
    Glenn

I would like add 500 votes to this topic.

This answer actually applies to every version of umbraco..

and I am almost positive if you have the words "Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.BeginRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext)" in the error message then you are missing the Global.asax.

Thanks Arni, and never delete a topic, always tell us how you resolved it if you did yourself. I guarantee someone will run into issue at some stage. :-)

• CASTELLI 23 posts 76 karma points
    Sep 10, 2013 @ 10:51
    CASTELLI

Hi,

I had the same issue copying a working version of Umbraco 6.1.1 (and database) to another machine.

I solved it by setting the permissions to the whole root folder and subdirectories for ASPNET and IUSR and network services in that order.
    I cannot tell which one made it worked by it made the error disappear and the ran fine.

Hope it helps

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft