Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Nov 23, 2012 @ 16:30
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Problems with updating

I have updated a site from 4.5.2 to 4.9.0. Everything seemed to have gone smoothly, but now ALL xslt macro's stop working. The < and >'s are all rendered as the entitity (&amp;&lt; and &amp;&gt; respectively). And I can no longer use the xslt visualize option.

Using the debug mode, I found the following error:

Unable to load one or more of the types in 
    assembly 'App_global.asax, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, 
    PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.Global' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4633.18696, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'App_global.asax, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.Global' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4633.18696, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
      at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute)
      at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
      at umbraco.macro.<GetXsltExtensions>b__0()
      at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

I have already tried to remove a few DLL's based on replies in other topics, but so far, nothing is working.

-Ferdy

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2012 @ 20:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ferdy

Did you go straight from 4.5.2 to 4.9? And what steps did you do in the process?

/Jan

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Nov 26, 2012 @ 08:43
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the late reply, but I did the following:

I installed a CLEAN 4.9 on my local computer to test with it.

After I cleared our packages for use, I backed up all the files of our 4.5.2. install.

I then uploaded the umbraco associated files, replacing the 4.5.2 files.

Using Total Commander, I checked the file differences of all config files between my new upload and the backupped files.

-Ferdy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft