Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Dec 13, 2012 @ 02:15
    Funka!

Trying to work with 6.0.0 for development, getting YSOD's.

Hello there,

I am just now trying out the latest 6.0.0 branch (b26fde3f03a1) and am running into some issue when trying to view a simple page. I also get a YSOD when I click the "About" button in the top-right corner of the admin UI.

Here's what I've done so far:

• Installed into a fresh new SQL Server (Express) 2008 database.
    • Created a new document type called TestPage
    • Created a template called TestPage which is by default an MVC View. I put some very basic, static markup in this file. Yes, this template is allowed by the doctype.
    • Created a new document node, saved it and published it.
    • Tried to surf to my new site's homepage, but get a YSOD as follows:

[InvalidCastException: [A]System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.HostSection cannot be cast to [B]System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.HostSection. Type A originates from 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.WebPages.Razor\v4.0_1.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll'. Type B originates from 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.WebPages.Razor\v4.0_2.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll'.]

I am not sure if this branch/rev is considered "stable" so let me know if there is another one I should be using instead? There were also some unhandled exceptions I saw flying up during the installation (since this was ran via Visual Studio debug "F5" mode), but the installer still said 100% complete.

Oh, and I also mentioned clicking the About button gives a YSOD too. (This happens in the BasePage.cs OnLoad method.) There is no real message given, just the following: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft